On July 15, 2021, during our regular monthly fly tying workshop, our Fly Tying Committee Chairperson, Ken Prager, led us in tying this proven shrimp pattern inspired by The St. Simons Scampi Red Fish Fly, a fly created by Capt. David Edens of Fly Cast Charters of St. Simons Island, GA.
- Captain Dave Edens, St. Simons Redfish Fly
- Materials list by Ken Prager
- Thread – Tan
- Tail – Root beer flash
- Body – rough dubbed gold body
- Head – gold dub over eyes
- Wing – gold flash
- Eyes – gold dumbell with black eye
- Hook – Mustad 34007 or 34011 size 2
- Weed Guard – optional
Please check our Events Calendar for next month’s pattern! All skill levels are welcome. Remember the club is in a position to help beginners with materials and tools to complete the featured fly. Show support for your club by marking your calendar for the third Thursday of every month to attend fly tying.