On January 20th, with assistance from our presenter, Ken Prager, we tied the Fish-Skull Fantastic Tail Forage fly in white. Tails are available in white, black, chartreuse and tan. A highly versatile streamer fly effective for targeting most saltwater species.
These materials are available at our local fly shop or can be ordered directly from Fly-men fishing company web site. Frantic Tails are made of nearly indestructible, ultra-light synthetic suede that cannot be bitten off, will not shrink, and provides lifelike texture and movement when wet. Each suede body is precision laser cut, making each 100% identical and allowing for fine detail. – Ken
- Hook – saltwater sz 2 (suggest Kona UMS streamer)
- Fish-Skull Fantastic tail white – one of 4 available colors
- Fish-Skull baitfish head or fish mask
- Eyes – Living eyes or other to fit head or mask depression
- Thread -140 denier color to compliment color
- Body – cross cut rabbit strip white to match tail
- Flash – optional
- Over Wing – optional
Tiers of all levels are welcome from beginner to expert. If you are so equipped, don’t forget a craft light and your tying gear. There is no fee required for participation. We encourage tiers to seek out the listed materials at their favorite fly shop. However, we have an adequately stocked “club box” to supplement the tiers’ supplies. For beginners, we also have a number of tying vises and craft lights for your use.
Questions? Contact Ken at 610-999-9897