2023 Marsh Sense Clinics
May 1 @ 8:00 am - October 31 @ 8:00 pm$50
Sign up now for the 2023 Marsh Sense Clinics!
Marsh Sense is a clinic being offered by long time Sea Island Fly Fishers (SIFF) member, John Mathews. John has made close to 500 wading trips into our local marshes and is well positioned to educate club members in the basics of successfully wading and fishing in the tidal marsh environment and, above all, doing it safely.
With water temperatures rising and fiddler crabs becoming more active. The tailing red/wading season for 2023 has begun. John is now scheduling clinics for the 2023 season, so sign up now and secure your place in this very popular program! Clinics will be held as time and weather permits, between May 1st and October 31st.
Each clinic is limited to three (4) participants and a minimum $50 donation to the club will be requested when you confirm your scheduled session. The clinics are open only to SIFF members in good standing. When determined, the dates, times, and locations of the clinics will be announced to registered participants by e-mail. If there are over 30 participants registered, a waiting list will be established.
Requirements to participate:
- Must be a SIFF member in good standing
- Must have a valid SC saltwater fishing permit if you plan to fish.
- Must be able to walk for 3 miles at about 1/2 pace with occasional stops.
- Must have proper footwear !!! Examples: Orvis Andros Hiker, Simms Ziplt Bootie, or Simms Flats Sneaker or similar footwear. These are available at Bay Street or search online.
- Must have an equipment pack: fanny pack, small back pack, or sling pack.
- Two bottles of water (8 or 12 oz.)
- Food (Granola type bar or favorite snack)
- Sun glasses
- Sun screen protection (sun screen, quick dry long sleeves or long pants, wide brim hat, gloves)
- Fly rod(optional)
- Emergency contact information.
- Did we mention that you must have proper footwear !!!