The “On the Fly” fishing tournament is now a quarterly event which will run continuously throughout the year. The summer quarter will starts on July 1, 2022 and runs to September 30, 2022. The tournament is open to all active members and is designed to encourage participation with other members. Click to check the Reported Catches!
All active members are invited to register. There is no registration fee to enter and participate in the tournament. Registration is now open and only a single registration entry is required for the duration of the tournament. No need to re-register each quarter. Results are to be submitted online at anytime during the tournament duration. Reporting for the quarter will be closed at 11:59 pm (ET) on the last day of the quarter. Reporting for the next quarter will open at 12:01 am the first day of the quarter. You will find the registration button at the bottom of this page. If you have questions or concerns, please e-mail: OnTheFly@seaislandflyfishers.org
* General Rules
- Fish any day. Fishing days are not limited and do not have to declared.
- Fishing may be done from a boat, kayak, or wading. Participants may fish solo, but fishing with fellow members is encouraged.
- Fishing is limited to fly fishing using artificial flies only.
- All fish must be caught in the tidal waters of Beaufort County.
- “Catch and release” fishing is always encouraged.
- Fish caught while with a hired fishing guide do not qualify.
- All active participants must hold a valid South Carolina saltwater fishing license.
- All registrants will be required to read and accept a Release from Liability document.
Greatest Length – Three Separate Competitions
- Redfish – Greatest cumulative total length.
- Sea Trout – Greatest cumulative total length.
- Flounder – Greatest cumulative total length.
Each catch within the tournament categories must be reported online using the fork length (mouth closed, tail natural) as the measurement. Measuring a catch should be done as closely as possible using techniques available to the angler, the reporting of which will be on the “honor system”. The winner of each category will be the cumulative lengths of all catches by a single angler over the span of the tournament. (ex. 3 redfish are caught, 15″, 20″, 14″ : Total 49″) Judges determinations are final.
An embroidered “ON THE FLY TOURNAMENT” hat with tournament logo, Club logo, member’s name and winning category on the hat. One hat for each category. The winner of each category will also receive a $50 gift card to Bay Street Outfitters. A participant who wins one category will not be entered in any subsequent category, the exception being if the associated category has no other entries. Click to CHECK THE REPORTED CATCHES!
* Tournament details are subject to change.